giovedì 25 febbraio 2010

I'm home

still, no matter how much I'm sad, worried or tired; as long as I make my first step here, everything melt away. I feel like something very heavy has just dropped down from my chest, and eventually I can use my whole lungs to breath. I love this city. I'm at home, here. I love everything I see. Bridges, gondolas, pigeons, I don't care. everything is meaningful, romantic and dreamy here. And I'm looking forward to move . even if for a month (or more) I will get lost every time I'll have to go and buy groceries. and I know that I'll be swearing every time I'll be carrying my luggage through bridges and streets packed with people. I know in venice you can't drive your car, so you have to walk everywhere. I know there are tourists in every period of the year. I DO KNOW there's high water!!Really, I know everything people usually say to you when you announce: 'I want to move to venice'. so for the last time, stop telling me that. I love venice, I've always loved venice, I've always wanted to move there. I don't care about anything else. because here is where I feel I'm home. Here is the place I feel I belong to. and I'm not saying that when I come here problems fade away and I find solution for every trouble. I'm still upset, angry, tired, and so on. but I also have a connection here as I've never felt before. I have to stay here. I'm going to take the art and the beauty of this city as much as I can. Maybe I will live here forever. who knows? The only thing I know is that I love every centimeter of this amazing city, I love it deeply. it seems to me the best place in italy where you can live. Am I going to change my mind? Perhaps I am. but so far I'm just mad about venice, mad about my real home.

Nessun commento: